Tuesday, September 1, 2009

5,000 km Journey Begins

After cleaning out my apartment and tying up loose errands at work I departed on the seven day, 5,000 km journey to St. John's. If all goes as planned I will arrive on September 8 in the mid afternoon. My anticipated route will take me through Thunder Bay, Kirkland Lakes, Montreal, Moncton, and North Sydney before boarding the ferry to Newfoundland.


I am in no real rush to arrive in St. John's. This is partly attributed to the desire to enjoy the drive and take in all the scenery. The other part is that I have no clue where I will be living once I arrive in the city! For the past six weeks I have been emailing and phoning every landlord in the city trying to arrange housing. I have had little success, although still optimistic I will locate a place. I have a few plans for housing:
Plan A is to locate a place when I arrive
Plan B is tent for a while in St. John's while I locate a place
Plan C is to find a large cardboard box (such as a fridge box) and position it in a sheltered area. Given the winds in St. John's I do not anticipate this will be a long term solution!

Regardless of the situation, I have no doubt it will all work out.

0 comments: