Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hello St. John's


After 5,000 kilometres of driving and a 14 hour ferry ride I arrived in St. John's! It is hard to believe that a full week has passed since I started the adventure. I would like to indicate I accomplished great things over the past week, however, that would be a lie. I accomplished nothing other than driving, singing to the radio, and sometimes talking to myself. I will also admit to a few wrong turns, or scenic drives.


Although I would like nothing more than to kick back and relax for a few days I need to quickly get organized and prepare for meetings and classes. I have meetings scheduled throughout much of Wednesday and the university classes start 8:30 AM (6 AM in Manitoba time) on Thursday morning. In between the meetings and classes I also have a small matter of finding a place to live! I have a few leads that I am hoping will translate into a roof over my head. Hopefully by the end of weekend I have resolved the immediate unknowns. I am hoping by the end of the month I will be fully settled in the city (this may be optimistic).



0 comments: