Thursday, September 3, 2009

2,492 km Completed - 1,595 + Ferry Ride Remaining

Three days of driving has translated into almost 2,500 kilometres. I arrived in Montreal around supper time today after having driven across much of northern Ontario and Quebec. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of traffic and the abundance of radio stations. Unfortunately, the traffic came in the form of painfully slow 5th wheel trailers and the radio stations were predominantly French! I learned to be careful what I wished for.


I am looking forward to sleeping in tomorrow morning, something I have not done in a couple of weeks. I will spend a couple of days in Montreal before beginning the final leg of the journey through eastern Quebec and Nova Scotia. I have to ensure I am in North Sydney, Nova Scotia by 6 PM on Monday to catch the ferry to Argentia, Newfoundland. Missing the ferry translates into a 3 day delay.

0 comments: