Friday, June 12, 2009

Half way there?

After 20 hours of traveling I am approximately (only) half way to my destination. I survived the first two legs of the journey arriving in Zürich, Switzerland this morning (or last night time Manitoba time). A 16 hour layover in Zürich provided me the opportunity to explore the city. About lunch time the lack of sleep and jet leg caught up with me!

Flying into Zürich provided a reminder what June weather should be like. The sun is in full force with a temperature of 23C. By 8 AM I had cleared customs and was downtown ready to explore. I stumbled upon a city bus tour went really well until the second hour when I could barely keep my eyes open. Although I had a great seat on the Toronto - Zürich flight my sleep was continually interrupted. By the end of the bus tour my head was bobbing up and down and eyes closed. After the tour I decided it was time to locate an internet café to sit down and rest. I uploaded a few of my photographs from the bus tour - http://picasaweb.google.com/ryanfgibson/Zurich#.

0 comments: