Friday, December 12, 2008

Who Would Have Thought?

My alarm went off at 4:00 AM this morning (slightly painful, but knowing a holiday was just hours away it was bearable). I was at the airport at 5 AM and through security. By 5:30 AM I was seated on my first of two flight destined for Toronto. At 6:30 AM I was still seated on my flight for Toronto with the aircraft still at the airport gate. By 7:10 AM the pilot announced the plane would not be taking off - apparently the aircraft would not start properly due to the cold temperature last night. The plane sat on the tarmack all night and didn`t want to start this morning. You would have thought that Air Canada, which flies in a northern country, would realize that winter night are cold. Everybody that lives on the prairies understands they need to pull in their cars to make them start in the morning. Apparently Air Canada didn`t realize this!

I am now hoping to catch a flight to Washington DC via Montreal, however, I do not have a confirmed seat to Montreal - just standby. If everything goes according to the new plan, I will be in DC late this afternoon.

0 comments: