Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Unexpectantly back in Mexico City

By now, I had hoped to be sitting on a roof terrace on the island of Flores in Guatemala. Unfortunately, the airline had a different plan!

After arriving at the Benito Juarez Airport in Mexico City I confirmed that my flight to Flores had indeed been cancelled. The airline offered to fly me to Guatemala City (notorious for violent crimes against foreigners) and put me on standby to Flores. Based on my poor Spanish and the airline clerk's equally poor English I discovered that the Guatemala City to Flores flight is completely booked, the first empty seat is Saturday. Although I am often up for an adventure, Guatemala City is one that I will tackle another day. My new plan (as of 10 minutes ago) is to stay in Mexico City. I have no absolutely no plans, however, have no doubt I will find all sorts of things to do.

0 comments: