Friday, June 8, 2007

conference presentation done, south america next

The last task before heading to South America was a presetation a volunteer conference in calgary. The 90 minute presentation was on volunteerism and collaboration in rural communities. Going into the presentation, I was concerned that I would be short with material to fill the 90 minutes. This was not the case! The presentation went really well. Over 100 people turned up for the presentation first thing in the morning. The initial feedback has been positive. Now my attention turns to South America. I am sitting in the Calgary airport awaiting my flight back to Winnipeg (where I have to change suitcases). In about 24 hours, I will be in Santiago, Chile. I have no idea what I am going to do when I get there ... but I will none-the-less be there! It is amazing how time flies.

0 comments: